[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi on 2006-02-01 rawhide

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 2 03:07:58 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:

> jasper have you got further than this? If so what version are you
> working with, are you on rawhide, building a rawhide CD?
>
> I wonder where the "rumour" that you no longer need the patch came
> from? there's certianly no mention of "--livecd" in anaconda without it.

The Anaconda patches in CVS are for Fedora Core 4 Anaconda.
If you are using FC5t2 Anaconda or RAWHIDE's Anaconda
You need to remove the --livecd option from kadischi.py.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=123903

What I am currently doing here locally, is alleviating
a few problems I've come across.

The livecd-mkinitrd.sh also needs modified to include some missing
libraries for /bin/ash.
I have patches for this also.

These things I've fixed and I have patches for, though they are simply
temporary fixes.

I've built a few RAWHIDE discs so far, and they all work great, even
with the quick hack job
on the few files. Give me a day ro two and I'll write up a mail, and
attach teh patches with instructions.
Just remember it isn't anything fancy, and it won't be merged into
Kadischi curent codebase.
Besides this I'm going to do a little more digging around, and see if we
can't get our
cdrom:// method working for users using DVD media, this is important as
is Anaconda rootpath's partitioning.
J. Hartline