[Fedora-livecd-list] New CVS maintainer

Li ampyx.li at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:00:53 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I was building LiveCD iso with Kadischi on Fedora Core 4 last day. After I
burnt the iso into CD and test it. It stopped by showing a sequence of
kernel error stack. The very early error showed that root= is not specified
correctly, so I checked out the isolinux.cfg in my cd I found there is no
root= setting in the file.

My question is:
1. When booting, the CD required me to enter boot kernel image ("boot:_"), I
entered vmlinuz then it starts loading. Is it supposed to check the boot
kernel image automatically? If that what's wrong with my built CD?

2. I found there is a grub folder there which confused me, which one is
really in the MBR or both? What is that for?

3. The root error I described, should I modified ioslinux.cfg by adding
root=/dev/hdc and rebuild using tools in Kadischi or there is something
wrong during the process of generating iso? (Although it looks quite smooth)

Anyone could help me to fix the problem? Thx

Good day.