[Fedora-livecd-list] Mail from Berry Linux developer

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at jpopmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:47:14 UTC 2006

I got mail from Berry Linux developer. Given the limited Japanese
I know, I got some suggestions. Here is the mail:

hayo gozaimasu Luya Tshimbalanga san,

> I am currently one Fedora user contributing on Kadischi project
> (http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/kadischi) as you have heard before.

Yes, I heard before.

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2006-February/msg00080.html
>
> Could you see what went wrong with this ouput and what suggestion do you
> purpose?

I'm sorry I'm not good at English.
And I don't know python well and what he, one of Kadischi contributor,  expects.
So precise advice may not be possible, sorry.

I think squashfs is READ-ONLY filesystem.
So if he'd like to install these files,
initrd.img, vmlinuz and isolinux.cfg,
to squashfs file, please install it BEFORE mksquashfs command.

But case of Berry Linux, it doesn't need initrd.img, vmlinuz and isolinux.cfg files in squashfs file.
But Berry Linux needs these files for boot.img file.

# make initrd image

flc_log ('making initrd image')

run ("%s %s %s" % (normalize_path([bindir, 'livecd-mkinitrd.sh']), sysdir, kernel_version), builddir)

# compress the tree

flc_log ('compressing the tree (order a pizza `cause this will take a while)')

# A squashed READ-ONLY filesystem for Linux
run ("mksquashfs %s %s" % (sysdir, squasharchive), builddir)

by Yuichiro Nakada