[Fedora-livecd-list] yum in kickstart %post

Brenton Rothchild brentonr at dorm.org
Fri Feb 24 22:17:04 UTC 2006

Filip Tsachev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2006/2/23, Brenton Rothchild <brentonr at dorm.org>:
>> I also added a "--nocompress" option to skip the whole mkzftree phase,
>> since most of the ISOs I generate are below CD-sizes before compression;
>> I run the ISOs in QEMU from a USB keychain, so speed was becoming an
>> issue with the compressed images...  Would anyone find this useful
>> as well?
>
> where do you add this option? If I use DVDs I won't need the
> compression and related performance drawback in some cases
>
> Cheers,
> Filip
>
> --

Filip,

I currently have Kadischi patched for FC5tX according to
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Development
and BZ's #179071, #180152, #178623.

So, attached are a couple of sets of patches between a post-patched
FC5tX Kadischi and adding the --nocompress option, and between
the CVS version and adding the --nocompress option.

The patches starting with "FC5" are against a post-patched FC5tX
copy, and those starting with "CVS" are against a current CVS
checkout.  Those without a prefix are common to either case:

{FC5,CVS}-kadischi.py.patch - Moves the mkzftree and related commands
   into a conditional block such that "--nocompress" will skip them.

install-boot.sh.patch - Adds a check to skip the copying of
   the initrd if sysdir and csysdir are the same location.

create-iso.sh.patch - Adds the ability to skip using the "-z"
   option in the event you're not using compression.

If you have any problems, Filip, let me know - I'd be happy to look
into it.

Of course, if anyone else would like me change anything, let me know, too!

I know this isn't the best way to post patches, but I hope this helps,
Filip!

-Brenton Rothchild