[Fedora-livecd-list] ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:01:57 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hi.
> Could you please try using cdrom:// instead of /media/cdrecorder
> e.g. kadischi cdrom:// /tmp/fedoracore4.iso
> Please post results.

failed !!
by the way :
[root at goorah cdrecorder]# cd cdrom://
-bash: cd: cdrom://: No such file or directory

chitlesh(~)[0]$su -
Password:
[root at goorah ~]# kadischi cdrom:// /tmp/fedoracore4.iso
Starting kadischi...
Parsing command line arguments
Checking UID
Using buildstamp file /etc/kadischi/buildstamp.
Product path set to Fedora.
Now we are going to try to validate your repository (for now, only
http, ftp and local repositories can be checked)
Repository seems to be OK.
Checking required packages
Looking for config file
Loadnig config file options

  ***  running anaconda  ***

* Display mode = g
* Method = cdrom://
Probing for video card:   NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)
Probing for monitor type:   Unknown monitor
Probing for mouse type:   Skipped mouse probe.
Starting graphical installation...
* unable to load pixmaps/first.png
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/anaconda", line 1051, in ?
    methodobj = CdromInstallMethod(method[8:], rootPath, intf)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/image.py", line 385, in __init__
    (self.device, tree) = string.split(url, ":", 1)
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

  ***  Fatal error: anaconda returned non zero (256) exit code.
Aborting execution.

Cleaning up temporary files...
Done.

--