[Fedora-livecd-list] Status of kadischi ?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 19:18:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 22:44 -0600, Chris Negus wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 21:44 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
> > Michael Kearey wrote:
> > If you are deviating from the stock FC4 packages, please specify your
> > utilities and packages in Fedora/base/comps.xml
> > and likewise, run genhdlist and pkgorder to reflect the changes also. I
> > have /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime in my $PATH on the build machine here.
>
> Is there any documentation available on the anaconda-runtime utilities?
> Is vi the tool for modifying comps.xml? If someone can help me figure
> out how to do it, I'd be glad to write up a procedure for incorporating
> a custom set of packages into the build of a Fedora live CD. Thanks!

Yes, the comps file is intended to be edited with a text editor.  See
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/comps.html for a
write up about the FC4 and earlier comps file.  There's also a fair bit
of information under http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda  For FC5,
some things have changed and I need to write them up, but actually
making things work for FC5 is currently higher priority. :-)