[Fedora-livecd-list] fc5t2 some progress

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 08:54:34 UTC 2006

so far :

1) restored orig anaconda and flags files i patched by accident :-)

2) populated localhost web server "http://127.0.0.1/fc5" with fc5t2
Fedora/base and Fedora/RPMS below it;

3) run recommended createrepo command in /var/www/html/fc5;

4) applied recommended patch eliminating "livecd" option error;

If I try my kickstart file I get a error about "parttype, can't
continue" (I've used the "bootloader --location=none" directive in my
previous kickstart scripts) :

[root at testbox ~]# kadischi http://127.0.0.1/fc5
/cdimages/fedora-live.iso --kickstart=ks-001_fc5.cfg -C
Starting kadischi...
Parsing command line arguments
Checking UID
Using buildstamp file /etc/kadischi/buildstamp.
Product path set to Fedora.
Now we are going to try to validate your repository (for now, only http,
ftp and local repositories can be checked)
URL http://127.0.0.1/fc5 contacted. OK
URL http://127.0.0.1/fc5/Fedora contacted. OK
URL http://127.0.0.1/fc5/Fedora/base contacted. OK
URL http://127.0.0.1/fc5/Fedora/RPMS contacted. OK
Repository seems to be OK.
Checking required packages
Looking for config file
Loadnig config file options

   ***  running anaconda  ***

Probing for video card:   VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8378 [S3 UniChrome]
Integrated Video
Probing for monitor type:   A91f+
In interactive step parttype, can't continue

(hangs here)

Also if I try just :

[root at testbox ~]# kadischi http://127.0.0.1/fc5 /cdimages/fedora-live.iso

...from an xterm I get a text based install, that wants to modify my
partitions on the hard drive, as I recall I used to get the full
graphical anaconda.

Comments welcome...

--
SW