[Fedora-livecd-list] Status of kadischi ?

Michael Kearey mkearey at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 05:03:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 21:44 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
> Michael Kearey wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Am struggling to work out what is wrong with current kadischi (Most
> >recent from CVS).
> >
> >I run the Live CD create command but it always bombs out at the end in
> >the livecd-mkinitrd.sh -
> >
> >"/tmp/livecd-build_no11/system/lib/modules/None is not a directory."
> >

> I just got around to getting a build system up over here again, and I
> *DO NOT* see this problem.
> What I believe is you may be using packages, especially a kernel package
> that is updated.
> If you deviate from the stock FC4 packages, you must use genhdlist, and
> pkgorder for it to work as planned.
> Likewise doing this would in my eyes, require the old kernel be removed
> from the repository directory, unless installing both.

What I have is a stock Fedora Core system fully updated with the latest
core packages with yum (ie the updates section for fc4). Note this is
the _build host_.

I have as install tree for the LiveCD build the original stock FC4
packages from the original CD spin...

I see that the build system is a little fragile right now. I shall
install a clean FC4 system, with no updates and see how that goes. I
shall also continue to work out what goes wrong on the current build
host I have been using. We need a build system that is less fragile I
think :)

CHeers.
Michael