[Fedora-livecd-list] Status of kadischi ?

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 07:15:45 UTC 2006

Michael Kearey wrote:

> Couple of things I did wrong it seems in my previous attempts:
>
> - I used the DVD to install the base build system
> - I installed the additional packages from the original CD's and not the
> latest ones from yum
>

> So current kadischi needs a clean original FC4 with no updates
> installed. It also requires the the additional packages anaconda
> busybox-anaconda syslinux mkisofs zisofs-tools e2fsprogs kudzu-devel to
> be the latest available for FC4 ...

I have built *many* custom boot dvd's with kadischi using the box stock
FC4 DVD iso (mounted loopback, then shared, via a FC4 based http
server), with a local yum update repo shared from the same box, using a
kickstart script.

I've duped the system on two sets of servers (separate subnets/different
hardware) and had great luck.

There was a time when the yum updates broke the initrd step but I
haven't seen it for awhile.

There was a poster on the list who couldn't get anything to work, even
though the same setup worked for me...I've always thought it was a
deeper problem than kadischi (lowlevel hardware/software related).

---
SW