[Fedora-livecd-list] Run with it!

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 21:14:55 UTC 2006

A good note.  My responses inline.

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> Among the various Fedora projects ( extras, Marketing ..)  from
> people.redhat.com/sundaram/Fedora.sxi there isn't yet a "Kadischi
> Project".
>
> Our first step should first identify "officially" the "Kadischi
> Project" as one of Fedora Projects.

I've been hoping to do this, but there needs to be a sufficient critical
mass around this project to make it official -- and one developer does not
a project make.  To be a *real project*, we need a *real lead*, someone
who is recruiting, coding, bragging about how cool the project is, leading
a weekly meeting... I was hoping Darko would be that guy, but he hasn't
had time.  And I know I don't.

A real project needs a real lead.

> Secondly, in the wiki we have :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi ( & co )
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LiveCD
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DerivedDistributions/LiveCDs
>
> Since these come from the "Kadischi Project", I propose that all the
> above pages be the children of a "KadischiProject" (homepage). Just to
> get things centralized. If somehow these mentioned wikipages are
> related to other projects, please inform me.
>
> If there's no objection about it, Ill modify it as stated above.

I think we should be careful of this.  Kadischi is a good code name, but
people need to know what a project does, if possible.  This is all about
"a Fedora-based Live CD."  Why shouldn't we call it the Fedora Live CD
project?

> In the wiki, the "KadischiProject" does not have a category. Can we
> have one for it? how?

> Though we don't have a maintainer, are we going to have a weekly
> meeting tomorrow as stated in the wiki at 13 GMT ?

Depends on who will show, to be honest.  We held the meeting for weeks,
and it was always Darko and I.

But I welcome this discussion.  If a strong lead wants to step up and can:

* Run the meeting;
* Maintain the wiki;
* Do some coding;

...then I can attend the meetings and start to chase resources from my
end.

--g