[Fedora-livecd-list] Run with it!

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 12 23:50:28 UTC 2006

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

>I've been hoping to do this, but there needs to be a sufficient critical
>mass around this project to make it official -- and one developer does not
>a project make.  To be a *real project*, we need a *real lead*, someone
>who is recruiting, coding, bragging about how cool the project is, leading
>a weekly meeting... I was hoping Darko would be that guy, but he hasn't
>had time.  And I know I don't.

Well, so far we have Anaconda-10.91.0 patches that patch clean, I have
submitted these to Jeremy KLatz.
Apparently Darko did not have time.
We have Chitlesh modifying the wiki here and ther.
We have a good looking .spec file that builds kadischi from CVS.

As time progresses I think someone will definitely be interested in this
Kadischi and a Fedora Core Official LiveCD.

>I think we should be careful of this.  Kadischi is a good code name, but
>people need to know what a project does, if possible.  This is all about
>"a Fedora-based Live CD."  Why shouldn't we call it the Fedora Live CD
>project?

Just a thought here.. Kadischi is the LiveCD tool.
Fedora Core LiveCD is a LiveCD.
I believe Kadischi and Fedora LiveCD just go hand in hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is Kadischi is or is not Darko, or someone's
last name?
The wiki should be edited to reflect this if so, the wiki says it was
just made up or something.

J. Hartline