[Fedora-livecd-list] Status of kadischi ?

Chris Negus cnegus at mwt.net
Fri Jan 13 15:50:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 07:16 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
> Oh.. Do note, that if you add anything that Fedora Core maintainers
> wouldn't add, you aren't using a Fedora Core CD.
> 8-)

Actually, my main interest is in building in some Fedora Extras
packages. I'd like to petition the branding people to allow me to put
the Fedora Project logo on it. In other words, I wouldn't put anything
on the CD/DVD that wasn't under control of the Fedora Project. I figure
it doesn't hurt to ask.

The next best thing I would hope for is that the Fedora Project will
allow a branding that is like what the Debian project allows with their
"open use" logo for those who build stuff from Debian:

http://www.us.debian.org/logos/

I think this is the more honest approach, since it would acknowledge
that the CD is about 95% Fedora Core, but would let people know that it
is not officially recognized by the Fedora Project.

-- Chris Negus