[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - FAQ

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 17 16:16:39 UTC 2006

tony wrote:

> Now there we have an interesting problem:
>
>   - how will Kadischi cater for those who want to make LiveCDs based on
>FC4 and earlier?
>
>Will we have two versions of Kadischi?
>
>Tony

I personally do not believe this is an issue.
Also, sometimes things come to a crossroads, I think this is one of
those situations.

<= FC4 Anaconda uses hdlist, hdlist2, etc generated with pkgorder,
genhdlist.
=> FC5 Anaconda uses yum like data built using createrepo. (I'm
rebuilding repodata for a tree3 now, looks easy.)
You'll probably want to run FC4 if building for FC4 or lower, or run FC5
if building for FC5 or higher.
Is that a bad thing?