[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora Core Ofiicial LiveCD and DVD media

Chris Negus cnegus at mwt.net
Tue Jan 17 18:56:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 13:03 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 11:39 -0500, J. Hartline wrote:
> > I just wanted to say one thing, if running a built LiveCD, HDD installations
> > would have to use a network repository for packages. There wouldn't be
> > room but on a DVD for a whole FC tree
> > which would work and only work for a DVD, consider 3.0GB for the tree,
> > 1.7GB left for the live system.
>
> Actually, I think the combo installation DVD + a live system is possible
> and somewhat interesting.

That's what I was thinking. Considering the compressed file system, I
would think that you could get a lot of stuff in 1.7GB. This way you
have a fairly complete live CD and a full FC5 install from the same
medium.

Is there much more to it than just combining the contents of the install
DVD and live CD and changing some isolinux files?

-- Chris Negus