[Fedora-livecd-list] an introduction...

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 21:22:20 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm Bill, and I'm one of the resident old persons/man-behind-the-curtain
@ RH.

Something I'm intending to work on in the near future is integrating the
stuff for readonly-root into the base OS; this means that, when done,
most of the stuff in rc/ shouldn't be needed any more.

Ideally, all that kadischi will need to do will be write the
/etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file - there shouldn't need to be any
image prep or similar.

Some of the format of what gets done to enable running readonly
may change somewhat, as the idea is to have a single framework shared
by livecd, stateless, or other similar projects. I'll do my best
to not break kadischi too much without sending patches.

Bill