[Fedora-livecd-list] "Notes" from today's "meeting"

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 25 19:24:47 UTC 2006

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Ah, see, there's the rub -- the trial-and-error for identifying that
>
>package list, and optimizing it so it *just barely fits* on one CD, is
>actually the hard work here.
>
>Some options to discuss for CD:
>
>  * GNOME productivity desktop.  GNOME, OOo, Firefox, plus whatever.
>  * KDE productivity desktop.  KDE, OOo, Firefox, plus whatever.
>  * Rescue toolkit.
>  * Instant server.
>
>For DVD, can you basically do an everything install of Core... or is that
>insane?  :)
>
>--g

No, that isn't insane.
Also, if that was the hard part, I already know that if Anaconda's size
estimation is correct
1.6GB will fit in 700MB compressed using Kadischi.

So.. 1.6GB no more. Is that the answer you needed? ;-)
OO.org would only be comprehensible without *any* language support, for
CD media.