[Fedora-livecd-list] strip down languages from /usr/share/locale

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 02:40:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 18:59 +0100, Alex Magaz wrote:
> El Jueves, 26 de Enero de 2006 6:06 PM, Jeremy Katz escribió:
> > On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 11:26 +0100, Alex Magaz wrote:
> > > I've been adapting a script from the debian package localepurge to work
> > > as post install script. This script purges all languages that doesn't
> > > appear in the locale.nopurge file. It also gives the option to purge man
> > > pages uncommenting MANDELETE option.
> >
> > Per my mail last week, I think it's far smarter to look at enabling a
> > (fairly hidden) way of having anaconda set the %__install_langs macro
> > for rpm so that only the locales you want get installed.  There's also
> > already a (similarly hidden) option to avoid installing files that are
> > marked as %doc
>
> Thanks, I wasn't aware of this method :p
> Does it appears somewhere in the kadischi documentation? If not I think it
> would be a good idea to do so (It's difficult put some things in 700MB
> whithout this).

It's not really worth documenting until someone does the work to get it
supported...

> To be sure, if I'm not wrong, to enable %_install_langs macro some lines
> should be uncommented from the file upgrade.py. And the %doc macro is enabled
> adding --excludedocs option to the %package section in the ks file. Is it
> this way?

Not upgrade.py, somewhere more generic (upgrade.py only gets used on
upgrades).  And --excludedocs for %packages will work, although it's
probably advantageous to look into other ways of passing that as I
expect a lot of live CDs to be created without using kickstart