[Fedora-livecd-list] fc5t2 some progress

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 23:10:43 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>> Yes I see...--graphical works. I can get the graphical installer but it
>> appears to want to modify my hard drive partitioning. I don't see any
>> way to say "don't partition".
>
> Can you paste me your command?
> are you using any kickstart file? because I dont have the partitioning.

this results in ascii :

# kadischi http://127.0.0.1/fc5  /cdimages/fedora-live.iso

this results in graphical :

# kadischi /media/disk/fc5  /cdimages/fedora-live.iso

In graphical :
--------------
1) go through "install anyway", languages, keyboard, then I see the
partitioning screen.
2) leave it on "Custom Layout", and uncheck the drive(s).
3) activate "next" and it shows my current partitioning.
4) activate "next" and get an error about "You have not defined a root
partition (/), which is required for installation of Fedora Core to
continue". These errors must be corrected prior to continuing with your
install of Fedora Core."
5) Stop here...

Kickstarts :
If I try the sample ks in the kadischi release I get the partition
error, and if I comment out the bootloader option (no
partition/bootloader options in the ks file) I get the same error :

--
SW