[Fedora-livecd-list] fc5t2 some progress

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jan 28 23:29:00 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:
> Skunk Worx wrote:
>
>> I can get the graphical installer but it appears to want to modify my
>> hard drive partitioning. I don't see any way to say "don't partition".
>
> Neither could I, at the time I felt the position was "works on FC4 with
> anaconda patches" but "if you want to use FC5 you'd better be (or
> become) an anaconda expert" ...
>
> Unfortunately I'm a greenhorn with python and internals of anaconda, I
> tried a few blind attempts at bypassing the partitioning screen, but had
> no joy :-(

I'm no guru but i figured I'd give fc5t2 a shot to see how far I could
get, like every fc release so far I am looking forward to the fc5 final
release.

Today I hope to get my spare fc4 box back up and then I can do
side-by-side testing and possibly apply some of the patches that are
coming through the list and see how they do...right now I have a hack in
kadischi.py to force kernel-smp, for example.

--
SW