[Fedora-livecd-list] FC5T2: anaconda makes my screen flicker!!

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 31 21:26:01 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>Hai there,
>Ive wiped out my FC4 to install FC5T2 just to test kadischi. It's a
>pity that till now I couldn't get nvidia working. Anyway,
>
>I tried to patch anaconda, but it failed:

With FC5t2 you won't be needing to patch Anaconda or flags.py.
Aren't you the one who put in the "What is rootpath mode?" in the FAQ?
Have you been reading the list, or what is going on? :-P

Oh, also I think that isn't a Kadischi FAQ, since we are on the subject,
it has nothing to do with Kadischi
all to do with Anaconda.

>Then, I patched kadischi.py with JasperHartline's kadischi-fc5tx.patch
>and executed kadischi cdrom:// /tmp/fc5t2.iso again.
>

>  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/image.py", line 358, in __init__
>    (self.device, tree) = string.split(url, ":", 1)
>ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

This is something I am concerned with, cdrom:// is currently not usable
with Kadischi.
As it stands, I've tested Kadischi with a DVD media repository suing
cdrom:// cdrom://hdd:// and
a local file path, to the mounted optical media, and they all fail for
different reasons.

Perhaps Bill Nottingham can get some work in on Kadischi, and do what it
is he needs to do.
Otherwise I am plenty happy to get you guys setup with a makeshift,
temporary solution to building RAWHIDE
ISOs. I've already built a few minimals, some with Gnome.. and they all
work excellent.

J. Hartline