[Fedora-livecd-list] what we have done

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 13 17:09:56 UTC 2006

Hello there,

In the last two weeks, Jasper and I worked on various parts of
Kadischi (all our discussions were on IRC):
- we have a new kadischi.py which was committed to cvs last week

Due to the changes with respect to kadischi.py,
+  flc_log and run has been dropped from movefiles.py and lib/functions.py
+  path_exists and url_exists functions dropped from functions.py

- we also have a small GUI for kadischi which takes a repository and
the path and the filename of the iso and launch kadischi from a
terminal. This is a fairly new feature, but it needs to improved. On
Toshio's advice, we have used pam and consolehelper to launch kadischi
with root access from gnome/kde menus (kadischi.desktop).

- we have also a gui for userhome.sh. This script helps the root user
to mount a partition (from a usb or hdd) as /home.

- LiveCDs built (with Kadischi) ejects the cd properly on shutdown.

- We have a spec file for kadischi. We thought to push kadischi in
Fedora-extras-development only (not Fedora Extras).

why ?
+ because if approved, we can see whether kadischi builds on x86_64,
since there isn't syslinux on ppc, kadischi won't build on ppc. I'll
try to find time to use grub instead.
+ perhaps we could have more contributors and testers. Till now, only
Jasper and I are working on Kadischi.
+ this will make us work harder and know what is failing and on what to work on.

Do share with us your views about it.

But, yes there is a but, the GUI we have for kadischi in CVS isn't
ready at 100%. DamienDurand proposed to work a python glade version of
it.
Once ready, we may push kadischi to Fedora-extras-development.

Till now, Kadischi builds FC6 Livecds successfully if built on either
FC6 or FC5, but the livecd doesn't boot. But we are working on it.

As from today, ill be on vacation for one month. I'll try to find an
hour or two to work on kadischi. DamienDurand do send me your progress
on kadischi's GUI, though if it's now complete, we may work together
on it.

Jasper, can you take over kadischi's Fedora Weekly News for the next 4
mondays for me ?

Cheers,
Chitlesh Goorah
--