[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - Xen & Bootsplash - patch

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 15 17:24:40 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hi.
> I've changed the patch a bit for using Xen and bootsplash files for
> Kadischi.
> The patch is attached below along with the Makefile.am configure.ac and
> bootsplash/Makefile.am.
> See how this works out for you.
>
> If there are any further modifications that need to be done let me know.
> Chitlesh, until I add bootsplash to CVS with the respective files you
> will need to add the files yourself.
> (memtest, isolinux.txt, splash.lss, f1.txt, f4.txt, f5.txt, etc and f2
> and f3.txt if we can get those soon.)
>
> If at all possible try to get someone from the Docs comittee to proof
> and comment on
> wording, etc so we can eventually get your files and these things committed.
>
> 1) Top level Makefile.am patch
> 2) Top level configure.ac patch
> 3) livecd_generator/install-boot.sh patch
> 4) kadischi/bootsplash/Makefile.am

Hello Jasper,
I have attached the "bootsplash" folder along with its contents as
well as the Makefile.am

This is only the folder. Do use your given patches before commiting to CVS.

Once committed, the Kadischi/Development/boot not be useful for Kadischi.

I proposed that the default splash.lss be that of FC5T3.
I have added some simple commands on how to create one's own
splash.lss on Kadischi/UserContributions
Afterwards anyone who wants to create his own splash.lss , will have
the howto on the wiki.

Ive also added 2 tables which might be useful:
   # Vesa Codes fo Isolinux
   # Booting other Devices

Chitlesh GOORAH
--