[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - bootsplash modules

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 16 16:48:26 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>done have alook at
>beta.glwb.info/bootsplash.tar.bz2
>
>Chitlesh

Alright.
Check the files at this URL: http://autopsy.thetabox.org/TMP/
The control characters have been stripped so you can just view them in
your browser.
I'll briefly explain my recommended changes:
1) boot.msg and xen-boot.msg look identical except for the "[F5-Xen]"
option in xen-boot.msg
1a) No need to explain the disc is "Xen enabled" as the Xen option would
be present via [F5-Xen], uniformity is key.
2) All files boot.msg general.msg options.msg and license.msg have
[F5-Xen] taken out.
2a) Not really neccessary since we would rather not have "dead" keys
since they would be still labelled.

The provided isolinux.cfg is provided SIMPLY as a reference, so you can
see how it works, depending on Xen or not Xen CD.
The changes I've made above eliminate any crazy sed awk cut grepping in
install-boot.sh to change a simple line.
I've renamed "bootoptional.msg" to xen-boot.msg, it is just right.

Ultimately we only see Xen key options on Xen kernel CDs on keys F1 and
F5 the Welcome screen and
Xen screen.
Otherwise standard screens apply. Thanks.
Please send some feedback on anything that should be changed.

If no changes need to be made, we can get to discussion about a FC5
(Expected final release) commit to CVS
and the list of files it would entail, and changes. We can go from there.

J. Hartline