[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - bootsplash modules

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 16 23:18:26 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>sounds good to me :)

Excellent.
Let me provide you with my current queue list of files I'd like update
and commit
as per fixes and such for Fedora Core 5:

1) kadischi/livecd_generator/install-boot.sh (Xen kernel and bootsplash
support, update)
2) kadischi/Makefile.am (Bootsplash/, update)
3) kadischi/configure.ac (Bootsplash/, update)
4) kadischi/bootsplash/ (Bootsplash, addition)
5) kadischi/bootsplash/Makefile.am (Bootsplash, addition)
6) kadischi/bootsplash/memtest (Bootsplash, addition)
7) kadischi/bootsplash/splash.lss (Bootsplash, addition)
8) kadischi/bootsplash/boot.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
9) kadischi/bootsplash/general.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
10) kadischi/bootsplash/license.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
11) kadischi/bootsplash/options.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
12) kadischi/bootsplash/xen-boot.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
13) kadischi/bootsplash/xen.msg (Bootsplash, addition)
14) kadischi/conf/Makefile.am (RPM user build fix, Rudolf Kastl, update)
15) kadischi/livecd_generator/livecd-mkinitrd.sh (Fedora Core 5 fixes,
update)
16) kadischi/livecd_generator/kadischi.py (Fedora Core 5 fixes, update)
17) kadischi/post_install_scripts/01prelink.sh (Darko Illic, J.
Hartline, addition)
18) kadischi/post_install_scripts/01umountproc.sh (FC4 -> FC5, removal)
19) kadischi/post_install_scripts/Makefile.am (#17 & #18 changes, update)

Instead of providing a patch or patches for each file I've put
everything together
listed above and have built an RPM and SRPM. Maybe this will be easier for
some folks to test, etc. Send some feedback.
You can find them at the website here: http://autopsy.thetabox.org/RPMS/i386
and http://autopsy.thetabox.org/SRPMS
they aren't signed or anything.

I've tested both Xen and non Xen installs with yesterdays devel tree for
the repository
and it works well. Let me know how it works for you guys. If you have
any additions let me know
and if we can get some testing done without any objections, we'll get
Kadischi CVS up to speed with
current FC development, and for Core 5, and move this project along a bit.

(NOTE: The packages listed above are packaged devel tree documents, not
of any official form.)
Thanks.
J. Hartline