[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - UI

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 27 21:55:58 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>I think kadischi should be absorbed entirely by anaconda.
>
>Use something like a --output-livecd=foo.iso, and have anaconda create an
>internal tmp rootpath directory.

Kadischi already does this.
Since Anaconda doesn't posses mksquashfs or mkzftree and mkisofs
capabilities it would'nt be that difficult. Just use rootpath methods.

>For any livecd configuration, add more steps/screens to the anaconda install.
>And obviously maintain support for text/commandline/kickstart.
>
>Add more livecd token options to kickstart, or create a similar but different
>livecd config file.

This is discussed at the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Schedule
* %livecd section in Kickstart for Anaconda.

>Perhaps this has been suggested before, I'm new to the list and haven't read
>the archives.  But the above is my 2 cents.

A whole seperate UI has been suggested:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Schedule
I would imagine work could be done on a Kadischi UI in Python with GTK
bindings and
perhaps at the same time send patches to devs.

If you are a member of the wiki or a contributor with wiki editing
priviliges, you could
create a sub item list under the Schedule page under the * create and
integrate a fancy little GUI
item in the Kadischi wiki.