[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi/squashfs (Fedora core 4) question

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 10 14:28:34 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, Sheshadrivasan B <sheshv at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am need of building a live CD for a custom Fedora installation.
> This live CD needs to be based on linux kernel version 2.6.15.
> However, the machine that I use is a Fedora Core 4 which is using
> 2.6-11-1. How do I go about this ?

Hello,
Kadischi doesn't take an image of your working OS but rather creates a
livecd from a fedora repository.
Add your kernel 2.6.15 in that repository and run for example
kadischi YOURrepository /tmp/live.iso
Read  How do I add my own packages for building a custom LiveCD with Kadischi?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/FAQ

> After having read the kadischi documentation, it appears
> I need to be running a 2.6.15 kernel with the squashfs patch
> to the kernel. Am I right ? If so, I see that we do not
> have the squashfs patch for 2.6.15, how do we proceed ?
>
> Shesh.

Simple as Kadischi/Documentation says:
yum install anaconda busybox-anaconda syslinux mkisofs squashfs-tools e2fsprogs

Cheers,
Chitlesh Goorah
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com