[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: missing kernel package?

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed May 10 21:14:09 UTC 2006

Ted wrote:

>I built a kernel rpm put it in /tmp/fc2/Fedora/RPMS and reran
>createrepo. Now I get past this problem but have encountered the next
>problem namely the failure of /usr/sbin/usermod. Why would anaconda be
>trying to set the root users password when building a livecd? It seems
>like this should be skipped when creating a livecd.

I don't think Kadischi uses usermod, however if you have some more
information regarding this
such as a log or some output from the term we could probably find out
what is going on.

To my knowledge the only time rootpw is set is during execution of
Anaconda, shortly after
language and keyboard set up.

J. Hartline