[Fedora-livecd-list] runtime error when kadischi runs anaconda

Ted txtoth at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:05:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 16:22 -0500, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> Ted wrote:
>
> >I've built a local repository as per instructions and have run
> >createrepo. When Kadischi runs anaconda with a root path, in this case
> >it appears to be /tmp/livecd-build_no13/system, only the kernel rpm has
> >gets installed so there isn't a /tmp/livecd-build_no13/system/usr dir
> >and consequently this command fails. Why aren't all of the rpms being
> >installed?
> >

> [snipped]
>
> How are you invoking createrepo?

I followed the instruction on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Documentation#Configuration

I built a repository in /tmp/fc5 copying the base directory from an FC5
disc 1 and the RPMS directory from disc 4. Then as per the instructions
I changed directory to /tmp/fc5 and ran
'createrepo -g Fedora/base/comps.xml .'

> Looks also like you may not be super user, as usermod is not set SUID,
> it can only be run by root.

I'm running as root. Again I think the issue is that only the kernel rpm
is getting installed so I'm trying to understand how anaconda know which
rpms to install and that's why I started looking at createrepo. I'm
guessing that anaconda reads the repository data written by createrepo
in order to know what to install.

FYI, my kadischi command is 'kadischi /tmp/fc5 /tmp/fedora-live.iso'