[Fedora-livecd-list] Some updates

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 18 22:28:38 UTC 2006

I've spent a little bit of time in the past day or so cleaning up some
of the anaconda interactions which had regressed for the live CD case.
Those changes should all be in the anaconda in tomorrow's development
tree push.  I've also put up a src.rpm of a snapshot of what I've
currently got at http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/livecd/.  Also, the
kickstart configs in the contrib directory take advantage of the new
user-adding and service handling functionality in kickstart

Jasper -- did you get any further with the changes for the initramfs to
handle a squashfs loopdev?  If not, I'll probably look at that tomorrow
as that's one of the big things being done differently[1] between
kadischi and my stuff.

Jeremy

[1] Other things that are different from looking through changelogs are
a) I'm not doing interactive prompting about users, etc -- but I think
it's better there to work out how to get firstboot working rather than
lots of special case scripting.
b) No bootsplash stuff.  But this should just be done in booty similar
to what is done for grub bootsplashes.
c) The booty isolinux code doesn't currently handle xen kernels.  Should
be relatively straight-forward if someone wants to take a look