[Fedora-livecd-list] Grub kills GDM, but isolinux loves GDM !

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 17 10:58:11 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> The live cd boots :)
>
> But it is unable to load GDM !!!!
> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=244808541&size=o

I think we discussed this earlier, that you are running the CD under
emulation
such as VMware or Qemu, so that memory can be less than the system's real
totaly physical RAM.. sine only a part of it is dedicated to the VM.

Try burning the CD and using it on real hardware.

> [snip]
>
> I hope it might be useful to someone too :)

Absolutely Chitlesh.. please post it on the wiki under development!!
I wonder what sort of ideas and options we could have for using either
ISOLINUX or Grub
and is configurable by the builder.. perhaps an config options to use
Grub or Isolinux?

This would be fairly easy to implement but, the question is, is is
worthwhile?
I think it could be if integrated correctly, config options, parse the
config options during
kadischi.py and invoking install-boot.sh which would have the grub.py
you've shown folded into it.

We'll see, talk to me in #fedora-livecd later today Chitlesh!

J. Hartline