[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 24 01:23:45 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:56 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
>
>> Anaconda and it is an already existing Fedora Core tool, not a rogue
>> disk partitioner
>>

> You blatantly ignore the fact that we need such a tool anyway. Only
> giving the users UI for for LVM / RAID setup in the installer is just
> weird. Btw, the reason I'm writing this tool has nothing to do with Live
> CD's - it's something we're working together on in upstream projects
> like freedesktop.org, GNOME and KDE to do anyway.

Yes, but it doesn't exist yet. This is the point you're missing.
>> that you wrote up in a weekend.
>>

> There's no need to be nasty here. You're welcome to review my list of
> contributions to the open source community if you doubt if I'm capable
> of writing such a thing.

You are the one implying I'm being nasty.
In my opinion coming form a military background you have a totally
different mindset
than I, talking about competitions and inferiority, and superiority and
other distributions.
>> Again, Kadischi builds LiveCDs. Anaconda is the system installer.
>> Anaconda is by far not inferior for installing from a LiveCD.
>>

> Of course it is. You make the users download the bits twice and makes it
> impossible to deliver an usable live CD in 700 MB.

The only bits you'd have downloaded was the LiveCD.
There is no duplication of downloading of material in this use case.
If I'm overlooking your point or where there is some duplicity please
inform me.

J. Hartline