[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi Live CD First Look

dexter ddmbox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 15:20:53 UTC 2006

On Thu September 14 2006 05:54, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> dexter wrote:
> > Hello list
> >I thought I would give Kadischi a spin on my rawhide box today, using the
> > wiki instuctions to make an FC5 iso from a locally generated repo but
> > didnt succeed. all build requires have been met. I also tried via rawhide
> > mirror which had the same resulting errors shown in the output below,
> > the resulting iso panics on boot
> >
> >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]# ./autogen.sh
> >Copying file mkinstalldirs
> >Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
> >
> >Please add the files
> >  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
> >  progtest.m4
> >from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
> >or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
> >You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> >ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
> >
> >configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'; error while making link:
> > Operation not permitted configure.ac: installing `./missing'; error while
> > making link: Operation not permitted eject_live_cd/Makefile.am:
> > installing `./depcomp'; error while making link: Operation not permitted
> > configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
> >
> >Now type 'make' to compile kadischi.
> >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]# make
> >make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]#
>
> The Operation not permitted messages seem to suggest you are not running
> with UID 0.
> You are positive the filesystem is not read-only or some other problem?
>
> The rest of your errors are due to the autogen.sh problems above.
>
> J. Hartline

well no I'm certainly root here :
[root at dexterFC5t1 ~]# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6
(disk),10(wheel) context=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t

the manual build system here is bust for now :-( (till tool chain reinstall)
just built the rpm again in the root build tree as opposed to plain user last
time with a bit more success this time when generating an iso there are less
errors ie only this snip remains :  (iso still panics)

[...snip...]
[kadischi]: estimated /abyss/fedora-live.iso size is between 153146452.308 and
165908656.667 bytes
[kadischi]: making initrd image
/usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/cdrom: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.ko: No such file or directory
20697 blocks
[kadischi]: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 initrd made successfully!

I shall tinker some more on this stuff :-)
thanks for comming ...dex