[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi Live CD First Look {SOLVED}

dexter ddmbox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 18:31:52 UTC 2006

On Thu September 14 2006 16:20, dexter wrote:
> On Thu September 14 2006 05:54, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> > dexter wrote:
> > > Hello list
> > >I thought I would give Kadischi a spin on my rawhide box today, using
> > > the wiki instuctions to make an FC5 iso from a locally generated repo
> > > but didnt succeed. all build requires have been met. I also tried via
> > > rawhide mirror which had the same resulting errors shown in the output
> > > below, the resulting iso panics on boot
> > >
> > >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]# ./autogen.sh
> > >Copying file mkinstalldirs
> > >Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
> > >
> > >Please add the files
> > >  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
> > >  progtest.m4
> > >from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
> > >or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
> > >You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> > >ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
> > >
> > >configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'; error while making link:
> > > Operation not permitted configure.ac: installing `./missing'; error
> > > while making link: Operation not permitted eject_live_cd/Makefile.am:
> > > installing `./depcomp'; error while making link: Operation not
> > > permitted configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in .
> > > ./.. ./../..
> > >
> > >Now type 'make' to compile kadischi.
> > >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]# make
> > >make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> > >[root at dexterFC5t1 kadischi]#
> >
> > The Operation not permitted messages seem to suggest you are not running
> > with UID 0.
> > You are positive the filesystem is not read-only or some other problem?
> >
> > The rest of your errors are due to the autogen.sh problems above.
> >
> > J. Hartline
>
> well no I'm certainly root here :
> [root at dexterFC5t1 ~]# id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6
> (disk),10(wheel) context=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t
>
> the manual build system here is bust for now :-( (till tool chain
> reinstall) just built the rpm again in the root build tree as opposed to
> plain user last time with a bit more success this time when generating an
> iso there are less errors ie only this snip remains :  (iso still panics)
>
> [...snip...]
> [kadischi]: estimated /abyss/fedora-live.iso size is between 153146452.308
> and 165908656.667 bytes
> [kadischi]: making initrd image
> /usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/cdrom: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.ko: No such file or directory
> 20697 blocks
> [kadischi]: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 initrd made successfully!
> [...snip...]
>
> I shall tinker some more on this stuff :-)
> thanks for comming ...dex

hello list
for the record my problems with kadischi are now sorted, I managed to spin
the minimal kickstart config last nite ;-) from a rawhide mirror and it booted
up!

I was getting these errors during the initrd build:

/usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/cdrom: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/find: kernel/drivers/ide/ide-cd.ko: No such file or directory

After modifying kadischi.py to leave its workings around, I looked in the
offending dir's to find no cdrom.ko or ide-cd.ko (surprised) I dont remember
kernel_2054_FC5 having these built-in??  kernel_2129_FC5 is the same on
another box I have, no CD modules are in place, so I gave kernel_2647.fc6
rawhide a spin and the modules were found were they should be
and hence a successfull build & boot. (whoo hoo)(sorry this a respectable
list :-) gonna try some customisations next, its great to finally get a
fedora live CD but I want liveusb & a toram option but not being a
knowledgeable coder I may have to wait (or learn)
did I say a thanks to the Kadischi Contributor's    THANKS ...dex

I stand on the shoulders of giants.