[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 15:53:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 20:43 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> How do you plan on performing upgrades when the live cd gets a install
> to hard disk feature?

Well, I've written about that in the README.fedora file. Lemme
cut'n'paste so people can rip it apart. It's basically just a braindump,
I haven't written code for this just yet (patches welcome!).

So.. my plan basically just involves running 'yum -y update' in the
chroot you install to. Not sure we need any UI, some progress feedback
would be nice, not sure if yum can do that already. Seth?

Specifically this means that once you boot into the installed OS all
updates will have been applied. Clearly this requires network
connectivity but such is life. I also expect that it's feasible to do
e.g weekly livecd respins we in four months ppl downloading the "FC6
Desktop" livecd will already get the updates minus perhaps a week. But
they'll be able to update.

Cheers,
David