[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - dropping FC4 Anaconda patches

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 21 13:46:23 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Jasper Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Is anyone running Kadischi on Fedora Core 4?
> I ask because I am wondering if we should drop the patches from Kadischi
> for Fedora Core 4's Anaconda.
> Since those patches were neccessary, Anaconda has come a long way for
> supporting Kadischi.
>  From not needing patches, to working with all media types as
> repositories, to being able to be run from the LiveCD..
> I think it is ok to drop the patches since they are no longer neccessary..

I think it's time to drop these patches, and follow the last 2 FC
distributions as we did before FC5 release.

> Chitlesh, can you remake the patch for the spec file, with the correct
> changes we discussed?

Ok, ill do it, but first there are some fixes to be made against the
available kickstart files.
standard-live*.cfg, tlack the reboot option and hence doesn't meet the
goal on kickstart usage in kadischi. The same for minimal-livecd.cfg
calls for network configurations.

Xen kickstart files can't find kernel-xen0 and kernel-xenU.

> Also, is there a current review request for Kadischi in bugzilla, to get
> Kadischi into Extras?

Can you upload the new sources for me, i'll ask for review!

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com