[Fedora-livecd-list] gfxboot ???

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 21 16:04:19 UTC 2006

Jasper Hartline wrote:
> Rahul wrote:
>
>> Jasper Hartline wrote:
>>
>>> Do I look like part of the legal department?
>>> I'll let someone else point you to it, if in fact a policy of this
>>> nature exists.
>>

>> No. It doesnt.
>
> Ok. I have been hearing that Fedora Extras is becoming part of Fedora
> Core soon..
> I'm not sure when but this is what people are wanting to happen.

This is a bit offtopic for this list.

We have been working on a relatively long process of eliminating the
differences between the repositories so developers involved in the
project can work on any of the packages without any barriers.

Max Spevack mentioned this several times including
http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220&from=rss.
We dont have a specific timeline for a merge if any yet.

>>> If there wasn't a policy of this nature, Fedora Extras wouldn't be
>>> Fedora Extras, it'd be Fedora Core.
>>>
>> Fedora Extras vs Fedora Core has nothing to do with any such policies.
>>
> Alright. Thanks.
> Core does include alot of what is expected in the base of a distribution..
> e.g. mission specific applications, like gcc vs. bittorrent.

Right. We have a general guideline on that at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CoreVsExtras

Rahul