[Fedora-livecd-list] gfxboot ???

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Fri Sep 22 19:32:52 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 13:46 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Rahul wrote:
>
> > Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > > It does.  Legal agrees with this in principle, so act according to this
> > > principle and you'll be fine.
> > Are we getting the actual guidelines changed to reflect this?
>
> At some point, when it's a high enough priority for me or Max to sit in
> legal's office for hours on end, drafting and redrafting proposals.  But
> for now, an agreement in principle is enough for me.

Thanks for clarifying this. Even this high-level guidance is very
helpful. For that longer legal discussion some day, please ask if
something is still a Fedora live CD if someone...

* Changes the splash screen, background, or other cosmetic features.
* Has a Fedora live CD coexist with another live CD on the same medium.

When I have made Fedora live CDs in the past, I've just left the logos
off because I wasn't clear about these things. It might be worth it for
me to drop special splash screens and NTFS support (for our poor, lost
Windows dual booters) to legally use the logos.

-- Chris Negus