[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Sat Sep 23 20:11:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 08:33 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
> I don't know it's code, just it's design goals, which is duplicated by
> Kadischi.

Not to flame or anything, but I think the design goals of pilgrim is a
strict superset of the Kadischi goals. Sure, your goals can change, I'm
not too interested in discussing semantics so...

Btw, I also posted a link to the git repo

 http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/david/pilgrim.git

It's not really that much code.

> We should have a Kadischi built, with Kadischi and Anaconda as payload
> LiveCD-to-system installer disc shortly.

Sounds interesting, can you elaborate a bit on what the user experience
will be? For example,

 - Will I be able to partition the system using LVM / Raid / etc.?

 - Do you support SELinux? Or the livecd? On the installed payload? If
   yes, does this require a relabel post-install?

 - Will Kadischi use a rw rootfs on the livecd?

    David