[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 23 22:27:02 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 16:18 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
>
>>>  - Do you support SELinux? Or the livecd? On the installed payload? If
>>>    yes, does this require a relabel post-install?
>>>

>> SELinux is not an option in Anaconda as far as I know it is a default.
>> No, the LiveCD will not be copied to the installed system. It would be
>> unnecessary.
>>

> So, I'm unsure exactly how this works. Do you simply invoke anaconda to
> do an install?
>
> Where do you get the RPM's you install on the hard disk from?
>
> Does this require network connectivity?

Yes, simply invoking Anaconda brings up Anaconda.
The RPMs can come from the network if it is a LiveCD, and presumably
from the network
or from the DVD if it is a LiveDVD.

It requires network connectivity in the LiveCD case, yes.. and for the
LiveDVD unless
Fedora Core repository is provided on disc.
>>>  - Will Kadischi use a rw rootfs on the livecd?
>>>

>> It'll use teh currentl Kadischi code which is to bind mount required
>> directories.
>> You don't need a rw rootfs to do system installs.
>>

> Nope, but having a rw rootfs is pretty nice for other reasons.
>
> Such as being able to install software while running from the livecd,
> not having to maintain a magic list of where existing software wants to
> write to etc. etc.

As far as I know UnionFS is the only thing feasible for doing this.
Bill Nottingham has already stated testing has produced deadlocks and
crashes in the simplest of cases.

What were you planning on doing to create a read-write rootfs?

J. Hartline