[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 24 01:08:25 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure it's a good idea to have two code paths for two
> different kinds of configuration. In general one should try to minimize
> the amount of options in the sake of at least keeping the code simple.

The Kadischi LiveCD build case takes any of 2 to 3 arguments.
1) --text or --graphical or none which defaults to graphical and falls
back to text.
2) The repository you are installing from to build the LiveCD
3) The path and filename of the result product ISO image.

The Kadischi/Anaconda LiveCD-to-system install takes exactly one argument:
1) The repository you are installing from
> But, sure, having multiple similar competing projects sucks badly but,
> then again... such is open source.
Kadischi is in no sort of competition with anyone, not you not pilgrim,
and certainly not
other distribution's LiveCDs or applications.

 From day one I have had my own idea of what Kadischi could be and as
the days go by
it is slowly making it to that point. This is not driven by competition.

The idea to have an installable LiveCD has been on my plate for a while
and day to day I keep on my toes to keep Anaconda and Kadischi operating
properly
to reach this goal, and to simply maintain Kadischi's functionality.

Who are you in competition with again?
To me it sounds like you are chasing ghosts.

J. Hartline