[Fedora-livecd-list] GUI: incomplete and severely broken

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 25 00:27:47 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello,
> Jasper, here is my /usr/local/share/kadischi
>
> http://chitlesh.funpic.de/kadischi.tar.bz2
>
> It's broken like hell and like I said before on irc, it's about 20%
> complete.
> If a livecd can be spinned out of it, other features can be easily added.
>
> questions? ask here :)
I see your first problem is this:
        # make initrd image and pickup kernel version cause when we move
files arround, it will be late
        print ("[kadischi]: making initrd image")
        kernel = make_initrds(sysdir, bindir)

This is not upstream source, since you assign the output of
make_initrds(sysdir, bindir) to kernel you never reall execute
make_initrds()
I have no clue what your aim is here but this is not upstream source.

Please create a usable tar bzip2 for people to test with. Invoking
kadischi with teh --gui switch also produces
an import error:

[root at localhost kadischi-chitlesh]# kadischi --gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/kadischi/kadischigui.py", line 29, in ?
    from k_kadischi import *
  File "/usr/share/kadischi/k_kadischi.py", line 10, in ?
    from qt import *
ImportError: No module named qt
[root at localhost kadischi-chitlesh]#

If you know that qt is a module in a certain Python plugin or a PyQT
package please state as such.

J. Hartline