[Fedora-livecd-list] "Build a Fedora Live CD" instructions

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Mon Apr 9 09:14:59 UTC 2007

Thanks very much for your reply Tim.

I thought I could add /sbin to root's path permanently by editing root's
.bash_profile file, but, although the file took the change, that didn't
lead to /sbin showing up in root's path on a reboot. So I added /sbin to
root's path temporarily before running the livecd-creator again.

When I did that, I got all the errors I set out in my first post, except
for the last one, "sh: mksquashfs: command not found". That had
obviously been the crucial one, since I also got an .iso the second time.

When I booted from it, all worked up to the stage where I was asked to
log in. I knew nothing of any username or password, so I just pressed
Enter. However, that didn't work.

I infer that there's no way to get beyond the log in stage with the
minimal cd.

I'll now try to follow the next lot of instructions in the document.

Thanks again for your help,

Leslie

--
Visit http://stumblng.tumblr.com
An Australian lawyers' tumblelog about things you might otherwise have missed