[Fedora-livecd-list] "Build a Fedora Live CD" instructions

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 10 09:09:26 UTC 2007

Tim Boring wrote:

> if you want to add /sbin to root's path permanently, you need to add
> it to root's .bashrc, not .bash_profile.  that'll take care of it  so
> /sbin is there after a reboot.
Thanks, Tim. I'll try that instead. I'm guessing now that what I tried
didn't work because I didn't log in as root after editing .bash_profile.
I logged in as myself and then switched to root in a terminal.

> you couldn't log in because the livecd-creator command doesn't set a
> root password and doesn't create a normal user.  you'll have to do
> that yourself.  i think i saw that in the docs somewhere.
Well, I'm working from two documents, the document from the IBM site and
a README that I got from the wiki. I think an understanding on the point
is coming to me, though slowly. I'll need more time for experimenting,
which I don't have right now, but I wanted to reply to you as soon as I
could to thank you for your further help.

Best wishes,

Leslie