[Fedora-livecd-list] how to set root password?

Cain, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Cain at ge.com
Tue Apr 10 17:51:55 UTC 2007

BTW, for bash scripts, you can avoid this problem by quoting your here
doc delimiter.  If it's quoted, bash will not do variable expansion.

Copy/paste these into a bash shell and see for yourself.

cat <<'EOF'
test $one $two $three
EOF

cat <<EOF
test $one $two $three
EOF

BTW, I've thought about submitting a patch for mayflower to help
mitigate things like "shell quoting will be the death of me" but I keep
not getting around to it.  One of these days, I guess... :/

-Brian