[Fedora-livecd-list] [Patch] specify custom directories

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Apr 18 13:50:39 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:48 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> build dir and cachedir make sense to me[1], but what's the value in
>>> setting install_root explicitly?  And as it stands, you're not even
>>> using the value since there are lots of other places where we expect
>>> that the install root is builddir/install_root.
>> That is why the yum_installroot passed is actually being symlinked from
>> builddir/install_root. line ~34 in the patch. This allows a yum object
>> already initialized to keep the installroot yet "install into
>> builddir/install_root".
>
> But why do you actually need that?  The install_root is where the file
> system image gets mounted and so if you already have things in a
> directory, that's not going to help.

I do not already have things in a directory (well actually, I do, but I
don't care about them being trashed), I have an object pointing to a
directory and I cannot change that without destroying and recreating the
object.

The patch is doing what I need, and afaics is not disruptive to
livecd-creator's way of doing things, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip