[Fedora-livecd-list] SSH defualt on livecd bootup

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 27 20:46:07 UTC 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 15:08 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
>
>> He also said my claims were unsubstantiated, again going on an
>> assumption of what I said which I never had.
>>

> Not at all. I asked you to clarify "I think the slow boot process is due
> to the Ext3 filesystem you have decided to use." because I don't think
> you really know what you're talking about. I'm still waiting for that
> clarification.

SquashFS is much faster than the uncompressed Ext3 which Pilgrim and
livecd-tools uses.
>> It's plain to see he is not a native English speaker.
>>

> Would you rather I replied in Danish? Would that make you feel better?
> Anyway, Jasper, I know enough English to know that it's rude to talk
> about people present in the third person. I'm here. I've got a name.
> Refer to me as David, not as "he". Thanks.

I was replying to someone who was commenting on my comment to you, I
wasn't talking to you.
Again, you are far from knowing enough English to know this obviously.
> Your mail and whole line or arguing just makes me sad. It's so obvious,
> even to non-native English speakers such as myself, that you're just
> trolling obviously because I'm the person that ate your lunch by making
> Kadishci mostly irrelevant with pilgrim/livecd-tools. Well sorry about
> that Jasper. But that doesn't really justify you starting a witch-hunt
> against non-native English speakers.

You were the one who made the assumption I was talking about SSH keys
generation being slow due to Ext3.
Let me clarify:
You state starting SSHD would not be good for the already slow boot process.
I stated, the boot process is probably slow due to Ext3.
I also added that SSH key generation on a dual PII at 300MHz takes a mere 6
seconds or less
and that on an Intel Celeron at 2.6GHz took maybe 2 seconds.

Now you're going to try to sit here and cover up the fact you are far
from an English major, and that you did
not make a mistake assuming what you did, and try to sidetrack your
flaws in personality claiming I'm on a witch hunt
because of some software?

Explain.
J. Hartline