[Fedora-livecd-list] Test3 LiveCD QA issues

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 16:08:18 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 11:46 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:

> Will -- I'm going to leave it up to you to file Bugzillas, etc. as
> appropriate.

Here's a quick once-over of the stuff you mentioned. I'll look at the
rest in more detail, but here's what I know off the top of my head:

> First impressions of the LiveCD desktop
>
> We want it to be uncluttered, and to show off the coolest stuff in the
> most obvious way.  To that end:
>  	- do we need the SCIM module in the top right?
>  	- do we need the Desktop search module in the top right?

For that matter - shouldn't we pre-populate the image with index data if
we're going to include Beagle?

> - We need a default homepage for Firefox that isn't just the generic
> firefox page.

IIRC this is coming (as with the "Welcome to Fedora Core 6!" page) soon.
Although I'm not sure if we have/want a LiveCD specific one.

> I tried every single application under "Applications", "Places", and
> "System".  It was a disappointing experience.  Has anyone else done this,
> both for the liveCD and/or for the actual installed distro?
>
>      - abiword crashes on startup

Yep. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/234765
Added to the LiveCD tracker:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=Fedora7LiveCD

>      - "System->About Fedora" can't load properly due to missing
>      about-fedora.xml

Again, I believe this is coming along with the bookmarks and Firefox
start page.. Actually I thought we had a placeholder there now. Did it
get dropped from the LiveCD?

> Trying out the installer
>
> The "restart" button at the end of the anaconda/install window didn't
> work, and I had to manually restart the machine from Gnome's system menu.

That's a known bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/225168
It's on the F7 LiveCD tracker.

> "Smolt is a hardware profiler for the Fedora Project.  Submitting your
> profile helps focus our efforts on pupular hardware and platforms.  All
> submissions are anonymous."
[...]
> I forgot to look, but we must make sure that the default choice is "do not
> send".

It is.

-w