[Fedora-livecd-list] Looking for help isolating a problem

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Mon Aug 6 05:00:08 UTC 2007

Not all of this may be related... but this is strange enough I'm
going to be overly verbose

* I haven't had time to play with revisor in about 3 weeks
* The kickstart I was starting with was a version of one that had
been working successfully in the past.  The main change was to remove
some of the packages.

* A day or two ago I built an RPM from git and installed it to verify
that the bug I reported had been solved

* I tried to build a CD image and failed repeatedly ... usually with
Revisor reporting a connectivity issue
** Note: my revisor build "machine" is (and has been) a vmware image
running on the repository machine
** I tried various basics up to and including rebooting both the vm
(build machine) and the repository machine (vmware host)
** I stripped out the post stanza and various other non-core items
from the kickstart.

* I uninstalled the RPM I build from git and the related RPMs and
then reinstalled the latest release (2.0.4.2 I believe)
* I continue to received errors almost everytime.  Sometimes it
reports it can't connect to a repository, sometimes it complains
about connectivity
* It will sometimes succeed if I do something idiotically simple (the
simplest sample.ks)
* I've tried, flushing all the Revisor temp files (/srv/revisor, /var/
tmp/revsior, /var/tmp/yum... and even /var/log/revisor)
* I've tried all sorts of tricks on the repository machine (run a
full update, rebuild all the repodata stuff, etc)

My next step has been to build an entirely new revisor build
machine.  That's not as bad as rebuilding a real machine but I'd
rather avoid it if I can; especially since I'm not sure that'll solve
the problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions on either strange
problems I've stumbled into (e.g. the git files from two days ago
bulldozed my dog) or thoughts about how to properly narrow down the
problem?

Tim