[Fedora-livecd-list] Is it possible to use yum setup on build host?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Aug 19 10:54:25 UTC 2007

Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I wonder if it's possible to use the yum setup on the machine you're
> using to build the livecd, instead of using the "repo" commands in the
> .ks file? In case it is, how do you do it?
>
> In case I need to use the repo command in the .ks file, I would like
> to know if it's possible to use "includepkgs=" in any way.

If you want full-blown yum configuration file functionality you may need
Revisor instead of livecd-tools, as not all yum configuration directives
have a kickstart repo command equivalent, and livecd-tools only creates
a yum config from these repo commands in kickstart, and the --repo cli
parameters you pass it.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip