[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Aug 19 11:32:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:11:46 +0200
Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:

> This makes me wonder if we /really/ need some directive that says the
> repo is a source repo, or whether we could just figure it out on our
> own and do something intelligent with it. Like, we could initially
> only _getSacks for the RPM compat arch list (minus src). Then when we
> want source, _getSacks for the src arch. Maybe ;-)

This was my original plan, except I ran afoul of the inability to
"reset" the yum object to be able to get the src arch sacks out of it.

> This however would require that the user enables the source
> repositories initially if he/she/it wants the sources to be pulled
> in, and we neglect that we could be better off by appending -source
> to indicate it's a source repo equivalent...

Well, in pungi at least, we just enable all repos forcefully.  I
imagine the same goes for the livecd-tools, and whatever else moves
over to kickstart config systems.  Any repo listed via 'repo' would
automatically get enabled.

> I'm not sure what is the best way to go here; specify 'source'
> somewhere manually -which you do with appending -source to the repos
> id anyway-, or detect automatically -in which case you would want
> -source appended but you don't really need it.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

I'd like to talk to Chris Lumens and Jeremy Katz about the idea of a
--source flag to the repo directive in pykickstart.  This could store
some info in the repo object that could alert pykickstart consumers
that the repo in question is designed for source and thus we can deal
with it correctly when we want the source vs the binary/noarch.  This
still requires the user creating the config specify that this repo is
--source, but I don't think that this is too much to ask.

--
Jesse Keating